Our Social Workers help individuals achieve optimal psychosocial functioning by providing individual counselling and/or group psycho-education programs to FHT patients struggling through difficult times.
The Social Worker team provides short-term therapy using a variety of treatment modalities such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness, Solution-Focused Therapy and others. Social workers provide assessment of psychosocial problems, treatment, education, advocacy and referrals for a variety of presenting concerns. They work in collaboration with your Family Physician, Nurse Practitioner and allied health professional to provide comprehensive care.
Social Workers provide treatment for a variety of presenting concerns including:
- Stress Management
- Self-Esteem and Assertiveness
- Coping with Illness
- Work and/or School Related Problems
- Relationship Problems (interpersonal stress, family dynamics, caregiver challenges)
Some of the psycho-educational groups offered include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for Depression and Anxiety
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
Our FHT Social Workers are registered in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW).