North York Family Health Team’s Privacy Notice – Your Privacy Matters
Ontario’s Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), 2004 established the rules for the collection, use and disclosure of personal health information. At North York Family Health Team (NYFHT) we are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your health information.
Collection of Personal Health Information
NYFHT collects personal health information about you directly from you or from the person acting on your behalf. This may include your name, date of birth, address, health history, records of your visits and care that you received during those visits. If we obtain consent or if the law permits, we may also collect and receive information from other health care providers involved in your care.
Uses and Disclosures of Personal Health Information
We use and disclose your personal health information as necessary, to:
- Provide a continuum of care
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of care and outcomes resulting from our services
- Quality improvement planning for the development and delivery of better services and assess resource utilization
- Fulfill other purposes permitted or required by law
- You or a person acting on your behalf, may access and/or correct your personal health records.
- We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We conduct audits and complete investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We take steps to ensure that anyone working within the NYFHT protects your privacy and only uses your personal health information for the purposes you have consented to.
For more information about our privacy protection practices, or to raise a concern you have with our practices, contact our Privacy Officer at:
NYFHT Executive Director
240 Duncan Mill Rd., Suite 604
647-260-1433 Ext: 102
You have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. You may contact the Commissioner at:
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
M4W 1A8, Canada
Phone: 1 (800) 387-0073
(or 416-326-3333 in Toronto)